President of the Student Government Association
Grad Semester&Year: May 2014
Major/ Certificate: AAS Computer Technologies
Hometown: Denver, Colorado
What would you tell prospective students and their families about TSJC Valley Campus?
Nestled in the San Luis Valley you will find an inviting campus that provides students with the necessary tools that are needed to succeed in life as well as graduate to a four year University. With the relatively small class size, students will find one on one support that is invaluable.
What do you hope to accomplish during 2013-2014 SGA:
During the upcoming year, with the production of several exciting extra curricular activities we hope to assist with current student retention and collaborate to recruit new students to join our spectacular community college.
3 words to describe your leadership style:
Assertive yet empathetic, Passionate yet strong.
The duties of the President shall be to:
- The President shall serve as a non-voting member of the SGA.
- Preside over all Student Government meetings.
- Call all special meetings.
- Serves as the State Student Senate Advisory Council Representative.
- Sign all financial documents of the organization.
- The President shall report to the students all pertinent and relevant information discussed at the TSJC President’s Cabinet meeting.
- The President shall hold a seat on appropriate campus committees.
- The President oversees the filling of any vacant Executive Board Positions.
- Will meet with the SGA advisor weekly.
- Work with the Vice President of Finance and SGA advisor to establish an annual budget.
- Will serve a maximum of two consecutive terms as President (two years in a row).
- Shall represent the student body of the TSJC valley campus at all public and private activities when called upon by the administration and/or SGA advisor.
- Shall coordinate all SGA related business via email during the summer semester as needed.
- Abide by the attendance and other guidelines set forth by the SGA constitution and bylaws.
- Set and post a minimum of 3 office hours per week in the Student Life Office.